Friday, November 13, 2009

Hand Made Gift Bag using November Stamp of the Month and Santa's List D1383

I made this Christmas Gift Bag from a plain lunch bag. I cut 2 inches off the top of the bag itself and then adhered the stripe paper, from Creative Basics to both the front and back of the bag.

Then to make the gingerbread house (inspired by Karen Pederson) I embossed with white embossing powder on Chocolate paper. Then for Santa's fur trim and the rooftop I used Liquid Applique and Prisma Glitter and then heat set. It really helped to add that extra dimension.

Then on to the roof (or top of bag) I took a piece of White Daisy C.S. and cut it to 6" and as wide as the bag was. Then scored down the middle and used a scallop punch for the edges. Then I cut a piece of Juniper C.S. 5 1/4" by width of bag and adhered to white piece. Then punched 2 holes evenly where the scoring was done and fed the ribbon through to make a handle.